Thursday, September 16, 2010

“Shores” and Keeping Up

This past spring a very dear friend of mine from high school reconnected with me. Ever since that glorious day I have spent endless amount of time on the phone with her sharing stories, frustrations, and everyday nonsense. It’s funny the stupid things that we can devour hours of time talking about, but it’s even better the friendship that we have built over senseless conversation. Sometimes having a relationship that is full of chatter and nonsense can be your most vital relationship.

Because of Shore’s social outreach and dedication to my life I have become encouraged to stay in touch and build other friendships with people I have put on the back burner for a long time now. I’m sure some of you have noticed that I’m suddenly flooding your facebook inboxes and calling you at least once a week. Blame it all on Shore. She’s the one that made me realize (even in high school) that being a friend sometimes means being the person who is (usually, not always) taking the first step.

I have built more friendships in the past eight months than I have had in four years because of the effort Shore has put into my life. I’m sure that it helps that with the use of her psychology expertise I am now sane again and no one is afraid to communicate back with me (just kidding).

My point is, appreciate the “Shores” in your life, that friend who is constantly there for you even when you forget to call on her birthday (my b). And not just that, but you too can become a friend like Shore. It has made a world of difference in my life knowing that I have friends out there because I push myself to stay in touch despite my hectic schedule.

This morning I woke up and was wondering when I was going to talk to my friends today. We’re a thousand miles away and Shore still fills me in on her dish washing experiences, while Alexis shares juicy gossip, and my sister-in-law in Ohio- well those conversations know no bounds!

Thanks friends, for being so awesome and thanks Shore for being a great example of a good friend.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment