Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fostering Washers and Online Recipes

Adam recently moved into our future married townhome. I was so excited for the opportunity to begin moving in and setting up. I’ve always been afraid that we will get home from our relaxing honeymoon to discover we needed to open gifts, move in, decorate, etc. That’s a lot of work for two working students. We avoided that drama by having Adam move into the large and luxurious townhome early and without me. While being able to set up his possessions and the things I don’t need at my fully furnished apartment has been a blessing, it’s been a stress sharing a house I can’t live in yet.

There’s nothing like having to hang all of your hanging clothes at one house because your own house doesn’t have a closet. There’s also nothing like cleaning “our” house all day, decorating, and cooking dinner but needing to leave to go sleep somewhere else. I cannot wait until we are married! All these little things were beginning to become more than stress to complete frustration.

One stress was cured by my future fantastic mother-in-law who owns an awesome washer and dryer set. She’s not using the washer and dryer in her new apartment so we so generously offered to foster her machinery until she needs it again. I had been driving over to “our house” to pick up Adam’s laundry (somehow determining what was clean and what wasn’t) and then driving back to my house to clean, fold, hang, and driving back to “our house” to put it away. I hope I didn’t lose you there sometimes I lost myself in that situation. Anyway we are free of a drive back and forth now. Adam has two fancy machines to do his own laundry in now. But now I can’t wait to use the machines…

Two posts in one: Online Recipes

I was about to throw away a dozen sugar cookies yesterday that we had left over from a friend’s birthday weeks ago. They were stale and no longer enjoyable. Adam lectured me the other day on how much food we’ve been wasting. (I’m learning how to cook for just two) So in efforts to avoid wasting cookies (that we didn’t even pay for) I searched the internet for “stale cookie recipes”. I’m so smart. I found a recipe called “Yummies”.

1 ¼ cup of stale cookie crumbs
12 oz. chocolate chips, marshmallows, nuts, etc.
1 can condensed sweetened milk
1 tsp Vanilla

It sounded so easy! So I mixed it all together, poured it in a pan, and put it in the over for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. If you would ever like to feel like an idiot, please try this recipe. It came out mushy and gross. I imagine it would be good over ice cream though! Lesson learned: only take cooking recipes from legitimate cooking websites.

1 comment:

  1. Marcy, I totally understand the whole "our" house situation. We had a similar arrangement before we were married, and I hated it. The worst part was the looks we would get when we talked about "our" house, and then would have to go into the details of how we weren't really living together yet but.... Ugh.
    I hope things are going well for you guys. Glad you found a place you like!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete