Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hot Glue Gun Scars and Weddings


I made everything for our wedding. Well, almost everything. My sister in law is such a gem and made a good bit of what we had at the ceremony and there is no way I would have survived without her. I will also give my mom a shout out for being so crafty as well. It was easier for us to spend so much money on the venue when we made our own: 

Garter 
Bouquets
Corsages
Boutonnieres
Centerpieces
Place cards and holders
Table Numbers
Cocktail hour centerpieces
Cocktail hour entertainment  (crossword, question and answer books)
Favors
Stickered matchboxes attached to sparklers (exit)
Wedding party bouquet vases
Decorated votive candles
Starfish ceremony chair hangers
Starfish baby’s breath ceremony vases
Unity candle set
Bridesmaids gifts
Thank you notes
Invitations

I’m sure I’m missing something here. I’m looking forward to sharing with you how we managed to do all of this, besides the fact that I didn’t work for a semester and just focused on classes and wedding planning. It took careful planning and several trips to Micheal’s, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn’s- oh - and IKEA, and Target.  And serious facebook vents. My advice to all brides: Delete your facebook while engaged or you were surely embarrass yourself with a “I hate trying to find a venue..” or “I can’t believe people sent me blank RSVP card” vents. 

My first wedding craft was my worst craft, but it was fun to do. I gave each of my pending bridesmaids a glass and wrote their names, "Will you be my bridesmaid", and a quote I fell in love with on them with a "painters pen" ($3 at Micheal's). I found the glasses at Ross, none were more than a dollar. Then I decorated the gift bags with matching tags. I also wrote each of them a letter on handmade stationary explaining to them why I wanted them to be a part of our big day. The tags were made out of thank you notes I already had. It was a cute idea, but they didn't look as good as I wanted them to. My girlfriends enjoyed them though!

The quote: "There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women."





No comments:

Post a Comment