Saturday, March 19, 2011

Celebration and Sewing Machines


We got a sewing machine! I. think. I. could. scream. Yesterday, I went to check our mail and along the way prayed that God could keep bills from arriving just for one day. There were some bills (but we already payed them-woo hoo!!), but what was soooo amazing was a gift we received from our good friends Wes and Grace: a $250 gift card for Macy’s. Not going to lie, I cried. Right there. 

We have made a list of the things we want to get once I start getting paid. It’s not exactly in order of importance, but it is close. First being credit card bills. Second, student loans. Third, a sewing machine. It goes on… No, I’m not kidding. I am dying to have the opportunity to fix my own buttons and hem Adam’s pants with a machine instead of by hand anymore (yuck). Then, I’m going to make new pillows, and aprons for friends… oh it’s going to be glorious!

Last night we ventured into Macy’s and Adam demanded that we ask if they sold sewing machines. I knew they didn’t at the store, but had no idea that they sold them online. If it weren’t for my wonderful husband I would be sewing machine-less, less. Meaning I wouldn’t be without it, but have it on the way… Get it? So yea, I’m excited!! Four more days until it’s arrival…. 

Happy Spring everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment