Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our Rough Weekend and Emergency Road Trip Lessons


It’s been a few days since I last posted for my wonderful readers so I thought I’d give you a wild and exciting post. I have decided to recap my crazy weekend so you can all see how crazy our life really is.

A year ago: We received an invitation to a good family friend’s wedding and began saving for a trip to Florida.

Two weeks ago:We had to spend a ton of money on my car and student loan payments.

A week ago: Our Florida trip was canceled. 

A day before expected Florida trip date: We find out Adam’s grandfather isn’t doing well. So we planned a trip to NC. 

Day to leave for NC: Appointment with loan officer takes three hours. When we were done we rushed home to pack. I was in charge of getting the cat together (we couldn’t find a sitter), packing for Adam as much as I could, getting our computers, school books, and packing for myself. Needless to say… 

{Jackson on the dashboard and trying to get on the dashboard.}

Arrival in NC: It’s freezing unlike our last week at home. In my suitcase: a pair of shorts, a bathing suit, one pair of jeans, a jean jacket, two sundresses, and flip flops. Not what I needed. Then we found out Adam’s Papaw was admitted to a nursing home. This of course really upset Adam.

Saturday in NC: Visited Papaw. He really isn’t doing well. 

Jackson, being unbalanced, peed more on himself than in the box so I picked him up and carried him to the bathtub. Of course this meant that my only pair of jeans were now very fragrant. Adam’s mom uses the apartment laundry room and it didn’t make sense for me to go there to wash one pair of jeans.

Sunday in TN: We drove to TN to visit other friends for church. I wore a sundress, my 12 year old sister-in-laws shoes (we wear the same size, thank heaven) and my jean jacket. I was freezing. Arrived late back to NC and Adam and I both have a hideous amount of homework to do. 

Monday: Visit Papaw one more time before we leave for home. He’s doing much better. We run back to my mother in law’s house to pack up our stuff. She is at a funeral and we realize she has a good deal of Adam’s things and we’re going to have to get them from her later. We get home and then notice that we left all of our bathroom stuff and my make-up – I start working next Monday….

{This is Adam and his grandfather at the home.}

It goes on, but I don’t want to bore you. Maybe Adam and I were both emotional because I was missing a loved one's wedding and his grandfather was in a nursing home, but it seemed like everything went wrong. Fortunately, Adam’s mom mailed us our bathroom bag yesterday. 

Lessons learned: 1. Don’t let your husband rush you when packing. If you must rush just pack everything. 2. Don’t procrastinate on homework something big might come up. (I’m always learning this lesson) 3. Try your best to keep your emotions from clouding your better sense. 4. Don’t take a cat on a road trip with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment